How to Reduce Anxiety When Dealing With Loss


Recently our family has experienced a lot of loss. I lost my mother over a year ago (above us a picture of my beautiful mother) and my husband lost his mother a month ago. This brings on a type of stress and anxiety that you never would understand, unless you have gone through something like this. 

Don't get me wrong. If you don't understand what I am talking about, then I am so very happy for you! I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. But if you do know what I am talking about, then maybe my experience can help you to successfully deal with these feelings.

First, do not be in a hurry to try and act "normal", doing all the things that filled your life. Most of us feel tired after we experience loss. We feel drained and almost out of control inside. You need time to rest. For me, that meant escaping from the outside world for a short period of time. I didn't take phone calls. I laid on the couch for several days processing my emotions and sleeping. Some might view this as something negative. But in my case, we had spent years caring for my mother and I needed a little healing quiet. 

I did try to get healing exercise by going for walks and enjoying nature. These things kept me moving, but weren't strenuous. They were calming to my nerves. 

Second, nourish your body with good whole foods. I wish I had been better about this. All I ate was sugared cereal for a couple of weeks because I had no appetite. My stomach was in pain and when I had my blood work done, my triglycerides were out of control. Once my doctor told me this, I took control. I began nourishing, balancing, and cleansing my body again (a routine that I had taken on years ago). I felt more energetic and positive and my blood work came back perfect after giving my body the TLC that it needed.


Lastly, I nourished my body with whole food herbs that helped to lessen my anxiety. I would get tightness in my chest and feel overwhelmed easily after I lost my mother. I began using a product called Ese that helped lessen these things naturally within 15 minutes. And it worked! Of course I was still sad, but I didn't have the constant rush of anxiety. When my mother-in-law passed away recently, I had those same feelings again. Ese absolutely rescued me! I even shared it with family members who used it everyday to reduce those chest tightening feelings of anxiety. I am so thankful for this product!



Now that some time has passed, I feel more whole. More energetic. More excited to explore and experience life. 

Remember that no one can tell you how to react to severe loss. Feel the feelings, don't fight it. Take care of yourself and your health. You have more life to live and want to do it healthfully.  

🌱 To learn more about Ese go HERE



Comments