Keys to Healthy Digestion


It would be nice if all of us could say that we have a healthy digestive system. I'm always jealous of my husband, because he seems to have an "iron stomach". He can eat almost anything without negative digestive effects. 

I'm quite the opposite. I have to be very careful about what I put into my body so as not to upset my digestive system. Yes, this is limiting. But it is worth the effort and restrictiveness. It means no sharp pains, no nausea, and no....other problems that I won't discuss here. 

Limiting what I eat is just the tip of the iceberg. While that helps tremendously, I still suffer from a sluggish digestive system. This brings on those same symptoms. Now many might say....can you take something to relieve those symptoms? Probably. There are a lot of things like laxatives, acid reducers, etc that are created to treat the symptoms. But you still don't feel great. That's why I found ways to help my digestive system do its job better.

Here are 5 things I do every day ( some you can start TODAY) to have a healthy digestive system:

1- Eliminate foods that cause upset (sugar, dairy, inflammatory foods, food allergies, etc).

2- Hydrate with half your body weight in ounces (water or fortified water).

3- Exercise. This will get your digestive system moving. It doesn't have to be super intense. A nice brisk walk can do the trick (just take your dog for a walk....works for Fido too). We love to take walks in the morning or the evening.

4- Eat healthy foods full of fiber (leafy greens are my favorite).


5- Take a whole food herb that feeds and strengthens the digestive system.

When you put into practice all of these things, you feel so much better. So much more energetic. And it will also show in your skin. You will have less breakouts and your skin will actually glow.

Here are two of my favorite products that I have worked into my daily health routine to improve my digestive system. It keeps it running smoothly without any side effects. How's that for a big win?!

Fortune Delight (fortified water)

Assimilaid (whole food herb for digestion)


Comments