I went from a social butterfly to an anxious caterpillar.....



This pandemic seems to have turned a lot of us social butterflies into antisocial caterpillars. I went to spend time with a group of people that normally I would have been excited to see and I started to experience something I had never experienced before....social anxiety. Now, I know people experience this sort of anxiety on a very high level. This wasn't like that. But  I definitely had a feeling of not wanting to be there, not knowing what to say, and wishing I hadn't accepted the invitation.

Anxiety definitely isn't something to laugh about. It can be a very serious problem for many. It makes me sad to see even the tiniest of children get anxious over things that should never be an issue for them. You can't just force your body to stop feeling anxious. Stressing over anxiety can really only make it worse. But there are things you can do to lessen the anxiety, to calm the jitters.

One thing you can do is find activities that calm you. Go for a walk in the sunshine. Have a fire in the evening. Listen to relaxation music. Perform the Jacobsen Relaxation Technique. Simply breathe. I have found that all of these things have really helped me in my anxious moments. They help me not let my mind take over to where I lose control and want to implode.

Another thing that I have found very effective is to cut out the caffeine. Oh the horror! I love coffee. Love the taste and find it quite comforting. But after, my heart was racing and I was so anxious. Now, I still have coffee...just in smaller quantities and decaf. But I needed to replace my coffee treat with something that would be good for me, my body, and my anxiety.

My sister had introduced me to Calli Night. At first glance it sounded like a sleeping aide. But once I researched it I found out that you could drink it all day long. What it does is help to take that nervous energy off (you know...those jitters that I talked about early on) because it is made with Passion Flower, Jujube Seed, Camellia Leaf, and Rose Hips. Without the nervous energy, I was able to face situations that normally might get me wound up. I didn't feel tired. It wasn't addicting. I just felt calm.....in fact, I like to call it Calli Calm.

I'm so thankful that she introduced me this soothing tea. I even offer it to my clients at the salon I work at. It helps them to be able to relax and unwind as they enjoy their beauty services.

Want to experience the calming affect of the Calli Night?

Visit HERE to get the deets.

Comments