Non-Toxic Keurig Cleaner

I love the ease of using my Keurig coffee maker to make my Calli Tea and my morning coffee. But did you know that it is recommended you clean your coffee maker every three months? Like all kitchen items that are used often, a Keurig can have all sorts of mold and yeast hiding in the cracks. I went on a search for something non-toxic, since I drink the water that is run through this machine.

I found that vinegar was a good option. I tried it and had such a hard time getting the vinegar taste out of the reservoir. I mean, who wants coffee or tea that tastes like salad dressing? The more I thought about it, I realized that the answer to my problem was in my kitchen cabinet.

SunSmile Fruit and Vegetable Rinse from Sunrider is a staple in our home. It cleans all of your fruits and vegetables using edible and biodegradable cleansers made from cornstarch and coconut oil. It cleans dirt, waxy coatings, oily substances, and other undesirable residues from fruits and vegetables. It even cleans delicate produce like broccoli heads, field greens, and herbs. So I figured it might do the trick with my Keurig reservoir.

I squirted half a capful of the SunSmile Fruit and Vegetable Rinse in my machine reservoir and filled it with water. I allowed it to soak for 15 minutes. The results were incredible! So much yucky stuff came out. I just had to take a picture!



I rinsed it with water and used a paper towel to dry out the reservoir and felt so at ease know I had used something non-toxic, edible, that actually worked! There was no leftover "taste". Everything smelled fresh, not chemically. I was so excited I dropped some off for my friends to try. They couldn't believe it either! They said so much green and black slime came out and they were so grossed out they didn't even want to take a picture. Imagine....taking all of that into your body as you enjoy your morning coffee or tea. I'm glad to say we have a permanent and affordable fix to our Keurig cleaning problem. And I HIGHLY recommend it. 



PURCHASE YOUR SUNSMILE FRUIT AND VEGETABLE RINSE HERE

It comes in a trial size (pictured above) or 16 oz bottle.


Comments